About Me

My photo
I'm 25 and clueless, trying to find my way through a world that is becoming more and more complicated. I'm a single mommy, learning the ropes of parenthood and adulthood and trying not to mess my child up too bad in the process. I moved to Kansas almost 5 years ago from Ohio, where I currently live with my beautiful 5 year old daughter, and our dachshund Oscar. I'm a shy person on the outside, but on the inside I'm a total weirdo. I always speak before I think, (yeah, read that one again) I dance like an epileptic, and I laugh at myself constantly. I love fart jokes and dirty language...who doesn't? And if you're one of those people that don't...well then, fuck you. *fart*

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WTF, Illustrator?

So, I went to Dollar General the other day…because I’m cheap and I can get a full cart of groceries there for $40. Don’t judge me. So while I was there I told Peanut she could pick out ONE toy – and that it couldn’t be more than $5. (I guess I forgot that NOTHING in that store is more than $5.) Peanut picked out a little watercolor set that had 3 paint-by-color pictures in it, and she couldn’t wait to get home and paint. And I couldn’t wait to scrub it out of the carpet when she was done. Really, I was giddy with anticipation because cleaning rocks hardcore.

*rolls eyes*

So, when we get home and I got out all the stuff in the box, I looked at the pictures….and there are no words.  Check it out:


Seriously, wtf? Why is the caterpillar wearing a cast?
And what does a caterpillar have to do in order to break a leg?
Motorcycle accident? Sports injury?
I’m stumped.



Then there was this little gem:

… I don’t even know where to begin.
Why is the dog wearing a Santa hat?
What is the pudgy cat doing with fish bones, is that some kind of weird voodoo ritual?
And what in the HELL is up with the tiny mushroom house?


I simply don't get it.  I have come to the conclusion that this illustrator was almost definitely on acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment